Create User & connections in Oracle SQL developer
You should create at least one database user that you will use to create database objects. Here i created a database connection (ORACLEXE) for the SYSTEM user. Now I am going to create new users under SYSTEM connection.
Here is the steps to follow …
1. Hope you have a database connection for SYSTEM user.
2. Open that connection (Here its ORACLEXE) and Right-click the ‘Other Users’ node in the Connections navigator.
3. Define user name, password, privilages, roles and complete the user creation process.
4. Once you done with user, create a new connection for that user.
5. Give a connection name and configure the user which you just created.
6. Test the connection and make sure the status is ‘Success’.
7. Now we have the connection ready for the user and which can be used as source or target connection in informatica. (See the next post)
If you have any further questions, please do send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.